View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 08:39 PM   #1
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Conversion plugins without input plugin

I am planning on creating a calibre plugin for my epub to kepub conversion tool kepubify. I would like to be able to skip the input plugin stage for epub inputs, so I can keep the fast conversion speeds (kepubify is about 12-30 times faster than the kepub output plugin). Basically, the plugin would run a standalone executable on the epub file, which results in a kepub file.

How should I go about creating this plugin? What type (conversion or just a toolbar button) should I use? And if it is a conversion plugin, how would I skip the input plugin stage for epub files.

I am new to calibre plugin development, but I already know python quite well.

Thanks in advance for the help.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote