View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 06:11 AM   #4171
kuromusha
Connoisseur
kuromusha began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, PRS-T2, PRS-T3, Boox T68, Boox Poke 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem is that the return you' get from fixing up PRS+ is almost non-existent. Most people who used PRS+ have moved on as their Sony batteries died. Plus, with Readers such as Kobo, there's no need for PRS+. So not only do you no longer need PRS+, but you get a Reader that's faster, more reliable, handles hi-res images much much better, has a significantly better higher res screen with more contrast, font light, newer version RMDSK, and maybe a larger screen.
Nope, PRS-350 trumps all new reader is all aspects. For epub, there is simply no better reader than the 5 inch Sony on the market. Why would anyone need a reader larger than a 5 inch for epub? I have collected over half a dozen PRS-350 over the years, most of them in most are in new conditions with excellent battery life. I have sony lighted cover, which is better than front light because it also lights up my footpath which front light can not do. And the traditional light is so much better, just any thinkpad users, which do they prefer, thinklight or backlight?

Also, sony PRS-350 has metal body and FIVE physical buttons, which I can map with PRS+, giving me 10 shortcuts/functions. The new readers are horrible with their button less designs.

Anyways, I really want to improve PRS+, which language is it coded in? There are many bugs, although there are workarounds, but I want to remove them.

Last edited by kuromusha; 08-07-2017 at 06:13 AM.
kuromusha is offline   Reply With Quote