Thread: Firmware Update New Kindle Update?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 03:50 AM   #14
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoglick View Post
The source for 2.1.1 has been out for a few days - but evidently there's no interest by any of the uber-geeks to dig in and see what's changed. I've let my DX sit in standby for two days (sans font hack) and no update. Oh well. I'm going to re-hack and turn the radio off. Eventually it will show up on Amazon's site.
Source code published by Amazon contains only the Open Source part, that is kernel, boot code and support libraries.

Central things like content browser, book viewer and so are java proprietary apps and Amazon does not publish the source of that.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote