View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 09:16 AM   #68
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
It's mostly just speculation at this point, but iRex customers will likely be in the same boat soon. They are also adding Adobe ePub/PDF support to the DR1000, and will likely have to remove Mobipocket DRM support. No official word from the company, but that's the only scenario I can see happening.

It sounds like a lot of devices are dumping the Mobi format. I'm sure their insistence on the exclusivity term in their license is causing a lot of this. Makes you wonder if Amazon will drop that term in order to try and save the format, or if they'll just let it die. I'm not sure how much Amazon really cares about Mobipocket other than what they do with it on the kindle.
I just had a nasty suspicious thought. What if, once DRM-Mobipocket support isn't available anywhere else, Amazon changed the Kindle firmware so people could read DRM Mobipocket e-books on it? Do you think they would pick up those readers with pre-existing DRM Mobipocket ebooks who can't read their old books on any other new reader?
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote