View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 04:48 PM   #6
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleKid View Post
Hey all,

I've really been trying to figure out where to stick this topic. This seems as good a place as any.

I'm creating a fan made Star Trek book series called, Star Trek: The Forge. I'd love it if any Trek fans here would be interested in trying out my series and I'm curious to know, for those who are interested, what kind of device you use? When the site launches on Nov. 28th I'm going to have the first book available for download in PDF, but I'm converting it to PRC for the Kindle. I'm using PDFRead for the first time around, because I don't really have the time to compose a proper ebook with changeable font size, search able text, table of contents etc. If the series is fan approved I will definitely make that effort however. So for those of you who are interested, what device would you like me to convert it for? Of course making sure it's only the devices that can be converted with PDFRead.
My general thoughts are that you should try to offer an html version of the story; html can almost always be converted into a format that is compatible with any of the readers.

The other thought is that if you do want to make PDF versions, you should probably make several different versions... ones formatted for 5", 6", 8.9" and 10" screens would cover most of the major sizes of ebooks.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote