View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 10:05 PM   #7
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
This is one of the ways I think Fictionwise is hurting its own interests. The book was available as Mobipocket only the first week. The discount/micropay rebate combination was best that week.

A full week later (and it's often longer), the book is available in the eReader format (which is owned by Fictionwise), but costs much more.

If Fictionwise wants more people to buy books in its own format, they should treat each "format" as a new release. I've made the difficult choice to buy the Mobi book over the eReader one, because the savings is significant enough, even though I much prefer eReader, if given a choice.
Except, Fictionwise wants all the formats to be the same list price and discount (except for the general eReader discount).

Right now we have to deal with some publishers that really don't understand the eBook market and what it should be.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote