View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 03:37 PM   #33
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
The Coldfire Trilogy by C.S. Friedman. Black Sun Rising, When True Night Falls, Crown of Shadows.
I will add her SF stand alone novels as well - In Conquest Born, The Madness Season, This Alien Shore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
How about Richard K Morgan, starting with The Steel Remains? Anyone read this? I have it on my TBR pile.
I liked it, and the sequel The Cold Commands. I think it may just be the two books rather than a longer series.

You might also like Michael Crichton - I thought Prey was particularly good.

I recently enjoyed The Iron Wyrm Affair by Lilith Saintcrow, a steampunk/UF. Book 2, The Red Plague Affair is currently waiting to be read.

The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi is very good and won both the Hugo and Nebula.

The Night Watch series by Sergei Lukyanenko - there are four volumes, each a set of three linked novellas.
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote