View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 05:09 AM   #856
Francois_C
Zealot
Francois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
I like your post, winsomnia, and I agree with it, except for this assertion
Quote:
Originally Posted by winsomnia View Post
Car makers don't try to emulate real horse rides by making vehicles drive as bumpy as possible.

This 1894 car is just like our primitive ereaders.

There is a sort of nostalgia about old paper books, which I often hear from people who seldom or never read, about the touch and smell of paper and such nonsense. Why not make a book-smelling paper-touch reader?

PS: About margins, my opinion is also the same as yours: first (with a black Kobo) I thought the wisest was to ue the full screen surface, then I noticed that letters close to the border were less legible, and I adopted a thin margin. However, in Amanuensis, which I mostly use to make or rebuild books, I set margins to 0, as margins are adjustable on Kobo, and a minimum margin is just a limitation to the reader's freedom.

Last edited by Francois_C; 10-25-2013 at 07:25 AM. Reason: PS
Francois_C is offline   Reply With Quote