View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #44
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcapelo View Post
1- After I setup the weather.sh with my latitude and longitude I went to worldweatheronline.com's website to check the data, turns out the temperatures on kobo are not the same that the ones on the website (using same lat/long). since this is my first day I will keep running weather.sh for a few days to compare data. Is that a reason why the info is different????
I'm not sure why that is. I've noticed that sometimes it seems to be off, but other times it's fine.

Quote:
2-Is that a way to avoid kobo going to sleep, so I can have the weather display on all the time????

4- Is that a way to start weather.sh directly from kobo and not with telnet??? I saw something about this here but I have no idea how to implement (need some help).
Yes and yes. If you run the command "killall nickel" from a terminal, your Kobo will not
go to sleep. To start the weather display without telnet, install this package on your Kobo.
You can then switch between the weather display and the normal Kobo interface by pressing
the Back and Home buttons at the same time (this will stop your Kobo from sleeping as well).

Quote:
3- I understood kobo's OS is debian (or debian compatible, right??), if that so would be possible to install a webserver on it (I was thinking about using kobo as a python learning platform), for web development using python.
The Kobo runs Linux, and most debian packages work just fine on the Kobo once you
install all the necessary dependencies, which is the hard part. I know nothing about
setting up a webserver, but it should be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro-76 View Post
I too would like to be able to set this up and forget about it.
If it's connected to a power source, will it stay awake?
It will. Or you can use the installer I linked to above.

Last edited by KevinShort; 11-17-2012 at 11:09 AM.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote