View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #39
LovesMacs
Fanatic
LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
Difficult can mean many things. I was never able to get through the Silmarillion because of the multitude of names, but I could read each sentence without difficulty. The Faerie Queene is written in an archaic style but I think it is relatively easy to read once you adjust to it.

There is difficulty on the level of not being able to grasp the ideas conveyed in a text, and more basic than that, difficulty on the level of not even being able to read a sentence.

The most difficult thing I've read is probably the excerpt of Finnegan's Wake posted here. I can't even understand it word for word, let alone sentence by sentence. Not understanding it, I don't get any of the ideas the author is trying to convey.
LovesMacs is offline   Reply With Quote