View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 04:52 AM   #60
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookakitten View Post
Silver,

Question on how the rename script works. Here's my scenario since I read manga as groups translate each chapter.
  1. A chapter or so on the kindle already, properly numbered.
  2. Add new chapter (plus old chapter to get order correct) to kindle.
  3. Run rename script.

OK, so in that scenario, how does the rename script handle preexisting files in the directory?

Thanks. And yes, "what if" was one of my favorite games as a child.
Rename script works like this:
- make a list of every folder containing images in /documents/Gallery/
- check a folder at a time
- sort files inside folder
- if first image has 0 as name, skip folder
- otherwise, it renames files

So....if you add images to a folder with already renamed files, those images won't be renamed as the script finds 0 as first file and it skips the folder.
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote