View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #60
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Interesting. Those comments make me very much want to read the magazine version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
For Christmas I received something I've wanted for years...The Black Lizard Big Book of Black Mask Stories.
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Lizard-S..._bxgy_b_text_b

The Maltese Falcon was first published in five-part serial form in Black Mask Magazine....
It's also available as an ebook from Amazon, but with a rather hefty price tag ($14.99). Then again, at just over 11 MB, the file size is rather hefty as well, as is the print version (1,136 pages).

It's not a bad price, considering what you get for it, but despite the presence of some of the most unforgettable and powerful names in detective fiction that grace its pages, it'll take a while to justify the expense before I can bring myself to hit the "buy" button.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote