View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #845
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdagenius View Post
Also is there a way to upgrade Duokan Lite with a new version when this is available without removing Jailbreak and other hacks? Doing a factory reset each time is not an elegant way.
When I look over rundk.sh; I realize that if we just erase the previous DK_Sytem and place the new one; Duokan will install it on the next start of duokan lite. (installation part begins at 448 and boot line is on 465.)
In other words; if you installed a previou version of Duokan Lite before
to install a new release :
0. boot Kindle on KindleOS
1. erase the previous Dk_system
2.place new DK_System
3 restart and boot on Duokan Lite

not so sure about this method. I will try this on the next release and write the results...

EDIT: I couldn't wait, and try
Results: Indeed it works,(at least on 3.1)
(To install Duokan lite on a kindle , if you installed one previously, replacing the DK_System folder (and reboot and choose Duokan Lite on boot screen) is sufficient.

also to change the dual boot option to boot KindleOS as default OS after restart, ;I changed 120. and 121.st line of S79switch (before installation)
Code:
				 			echo lite System
							SwitchToLite
to:
Code:
				 			echo kindle System
				 			SwitchToKindle
then it worked.

Last edited by thomass; 09-07-2011 at 01:26 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote