View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 02:39 PM   #7
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizilla View Post
Thanks for the archiving suggestion. I'll do that.

I'm thinking I'll just side load everything, unless I decide I just *have* to buy a new book from B&N while I'm traveling or something. When I get home I can pull the new book to Calibre and insert it into my existing organizational scheme. I'll have to go out to B&N's store from the device, and buy something, just to try that part out.

Mostly I guess that I will leave it in airplane mode, rather than leave it to drain its battery just to chitchat with my wireless router for no reason. I must admit that the idea of disabling the wireless makes me laugh, since I also have the Sony readers and people are always trying to convince me to be upset that they lack wireless.
That's precisely what I've been doing and it works quite well for my needs (and should work for yours too from what I've gleaned so far). One thing though, any "free classics" I download from B&N I try to leave in the B&N library since I revisit them so infrequently (no sense in cluttering up my docs with those).

I always leave it in airplane mode and the battery savings are tremendous. Since B&N reviews of a book are usually nonexistent or a joke, I never buy directly from the nook anyway since I have to go to other sites to read reviews. Sometimes, if I have the time on hand, I buy from the B&N website, download it to Calibre right then and archive it from the website right away. Then, do any .... ah .... preprocessing needed , edit the metadata in Calibre, push it to the nook and away we go .
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote