View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 11:41 AM   #14
pazos
cosiņeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isurus View Post
Yes. All my readers stopped working from CC after upgrade to Android 11. Libera is the only one (that I have tried) that works from CC on Android 11.
Indeed, since CC was updated by sam & co. to fit new google policies, it uses a non-standard file provider. Not only in Android 11 but on previous versions too.

Upgrading to Android 11 shouldn't affect CC at all, as it is still using the Target SDK of Android 10. But it can affect readers using non-standard ways of retrieving the path of the file descriptor that CC sends to them.

Even when CC could use a standard file provider that "help" apps to understand its intents, you need to blame reader apps, as they're not implementing the canonical way of consuming content.

The fact that Librera is still working showcases that's possible to copy a book stream from CC without problems, following Google best (and nowadays only practices)

The other way of workaround this is install the last version that Chaley did. That would still work on most readers, as long as they're built against Android 10 or were updated to manage all files in shared storage, required for Android 11.

Chaley version will stop working (and by working I mean: effectively delivering file paths to apps that can be consumed by them) on a year or so, on Android 11+, when Play Store will require targeting Android11 and most readers won't fill the whitelist form needed for apps to request manage all files. Or apps filled it but Google rejects them because of reasons.

Yup, Google is doing a mess.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote