View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 06:21 PM   #623
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've had the add-in go 'Disabled' from time to time, in Word 2007/2010 under Win 7 and 10, and more recently in Word 2016 under Win 10 (in this instance Windows, Office and the add-in were fresh installs on new computer).

I don't recall Word or Windows ever telling me why it was 'Disabled'. Only that, out of the blue, the ePUBTools tab wasn't there. My solution has been to remove the plugin from Word via Options->Addins, Uninstall it via Control Panel, re-install from a fresh plugin download.

However, I'm pretty sure it has never gone 'Disabled' when the environment variable TOX_EPUBTOOLS_MONITORING has been set to '0' (disable the add-in's internal monitoring). I forgot to set it on the new computer; it's been fine since I set it - touch wood. I can't explain why that EnvVar setting appears to prevent the add-in going 'Disabled', seems quite incongruous to me.

After some changes were made to the S&R and Mark setting dialogues I ceased editing their rules files manually, so theoretically I shouldn't need to disable the add-ins monitoring function - but... see prior paragraph.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-29-2017 at 10:39 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote