View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 11:50 AM   #130
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
We need a lot more info than that. Start with a description of what is actually happening. And explaining what you mean by "crashing" would be a good idea. And, please, include the actual firmware version number you are using. The more explicit you are with the problem, the more likely someone will be able to help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by serwei View Post
Hi,

Well it's this firmware.
I just tried it with a Overdrive book, Stephen Kong's new Outsiders.
It opens blank, and crashes out back to My Books with tree book marked as Finished.
Seems random, as the other book that just crashed before now works.
Is there some trickling database in the background?
It would be more useful if you gave the firmware version. "this firmware" is useless, the firmware version is 4.8.11073 would be useful. If nothing else, it's on the Settings/Device Information page of your KA1.

Since you mentioned database, have you checked the SQLite database on your KA1 for corruption? If you are using calibre and have the KoboUtilities plugin installed, there is an option for checking the device database. Otherwise, google for SQLite database tools.

As davidfor said, the more information you can give, the more likely someone is going to be able to help you with your problem. Giving information that amounts to "my vehicle makes a funny noise" is not useful.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote