View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 07:17 AM   #10
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Writing my first short story: Guardian Angel
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowworrier View Post
But the PDF to TXT conversion sticks a paragraph break (a hard line break) after ever line (A4 formatting). This introduces line breaks in the middle of lines when you reformat the page to 9cm by 12cm. I do a global search and replace to get rid of ALL paragraph breaks.....then have to put up with a book that contains only a single paragraph. Not ideal!
You need to first replace double line breaks with, say, __PARAGRAPH__ text. Then remove all single line breaks. Then replace the _PARAGRAPH__ text with double line break or however you want to seperate two paragraphs.

This is how I do it manually and it works peaches. The best thing is to use a text editor such as Notepad or NoteTab Light (a free one and really food one), none of that WYSIWYG stuff. This is because when you turn of the word-wrap mode, you should see only one line per paragraph. This way it's easy to visualize where and what you need to work on to make your book readable.

Once you get that TXT file looking good, you might as well convert it to eReader optimized PDF or EPUB with my web application available through my signature link.

spaze is offline   Reply With Quote