View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #7
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
One MobileRead member came across this store a few weeks back, and and noticed that Horror Mall offered ebooks. Naturally several members went over to check it out, and it was soon noticed that the format selection as limited- only Kindle and password protected PDFs were offered.

I invited Shane Staley, the proprietor of Horror Mall, to join MobileRead to discuss their current policy. My goal was to encourage them to add more formats. Instead, Shane has decided to drop DRM entirely. Horror Mall will now offer ebooks in PDF, Epub, and Mobipocket.

About the Store
Horror Mall is a web retailer that specializes in the horror genre. It carries books and ebooks, as well as graphic novels, artwork, music, games, movies, and more.
Thanks for inviting Shane here, Nate. I thought that particular discussion was a very constructive one, with Shane, a nice bloke, explaining really well the decisions and opinions and positions from the angle of a reasonable and passionate publisher juggling customer and client needs and wants. I didn't expect "constructive" - thinking the discussion was helpful for all just in itself - to extend to the removal of DRM, but that's certainly a cherry on top.

Goodonya, Shane! Thanks not only for the DRM-removal, but even just for participating in the discussion.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote