Thread: PRS-T2 GUIDE TO ROOT T2
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #9
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
trocchietto

Please allow a first question: You bought an excellent e-reader, which is well capable of displaying DRM'ed and DRM free epub and pdf's (beside some other formats).
What is your goal of rooting?
(...cut)
Dear Rupor and Shark thank you very much, in particular Rupor for the great efforce to make this root possible and shark for the detailed step to step manual

Dear Mark,
thank you for your detailed help.I really appreciate that.
First capital point, I am really sorry you think I asked others to do my homeworks, and I apologize for that.

my intention were only to acquire some knowledge about the rooting process, for me( of course) and others community members as cannot find too many post on that. Outside the users benefit I think morally nice to root because in that way Sony T2 could become more attractive in comparison with other devices(honestly I find a pity that is not released an offficial sony root version...), I support Sony also because I am scared to move my epub books to any propretary format in future.

Regarding your first question: Not only I love this excellent e reader more than the french fries, but my purpose to root is to benefit of added functionalities and applications. I love DRM and I am sorry that are so easy to break despite I am on the side of the ethical hacking since 20 years. Digital books cost less than original movies and music and engage you usually for a really long time, definetely I support the efforce of the writers.Still I would like to use software like repligo reader to read more efficiently overcoming the limits due to the sony reader and his lack of continuous updating, navigating my maps, notes, projects,renaming files, playing with my favorite droidchess under the sun, making more efficient the browsing experience and personalizing the system as I used to do with my nix pcs where I was young, as only this last feature could worth a root for me

Your comments are insightful and also the Spanish document from shark and also the tips from Rupor(still thank you to made possible that), but still I am pondering if I should try to root the device as you witness the urge to "REALLY know what I am doing", as well it is not my case inddeed; especially the backup and partition look quite challenging for a guy that is not in IT anymore, a mistake can be fatal not only for my monthly budget but worse of all , for the gigantic work i did to arrange the collections of my beloved reader..

PRS T2 is a great reader, and gives me a lot of warm feelings on the night, do not want to risk to brick it, also if I understand the Spanish language, probably I will try as the shark guide is amazing

have a nice week end and thank you again

Last edited by trocchietto; 11-09-2012 at 01:24 PM.
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote