Thread: Touch Is the Kobo Touch dead?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 03:10 AM   #3
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The Touch is not dead. It is still listed on Kobo site for sale.In fact, I think it fits well between the Mini and Glo in their lineup. Also, Kobo representatives have consistently state it will still be around.

As to where the new firmware is, all I can say is that it is coming. I do know that Kobo are working on it to make sure that we don't have the problems of the last two official releases. And to make sure that some of the useability problems are dealt with.
When the touch came out the wifi was apparently going to get another firmware update (it didn't) and was shown on the Kobo website along with the Touch and Vox right up until the announcement of the Mini and Glo. I strongly suspect that there will be one more firmware update and that is it - unless of course Kobo have come to their senses are realised they can write one firmware to run effectively on all three devices and keep the touch as a viable product.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote