View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newkidontheblock View Post
One of the reviews I received from a Beta reader used that term. Any ideas as to what they meant. I could ask them but I dont want to sound like an idiot.

Michael,
I am sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I enjoyed your book very much, it had some interesting plot points, and derivative devices.
I would parse that as the plot points and derivative devices being interesting. And devices to be a reference to plot devices. Derivative from other plot points in the same book, as in, this leads to that, and that leads to the other thing? Seems more likely if it's intended as a compliment.

But you'd do far better to ask the person who wrote it what they mean. Otherwise, you could take honest negative feedback as a compliment. What's worse? Looking like an idiot, or being one? I've tried both, and prefer the former.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote