View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #4
CrayWolf
Enthusiast
CrayWolf plays well with othersCrayWolf plays well with othersCrayWolf plays well with othersCrayWolf plays well with othersCrayWolf plays well with othersCrayWolf plays well with othersCrayWolf plays well with othersCrayWolf plays well with othersCrayWolf plays well with othersCrayWolf plays well with othersCrayWolf plays well with others

Device: Kindle3 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
Recently a fellow author advised me to head over to furaffinity and say hello, tell them I was an author, and that I had animals as main characters in my books, which I do. Oddly, I got banned as soon as I got through the door, because they apparently don't like authors over there. (oh well, their loss)
Hi there!

When you say you went over to FurAffinity, where did you go -- chat, message boards, the main site on furaffinity.net? While drawn/painted artwork gets a lot more attention in the Furry fandom than writing does, there's definitely room for authors. One of them (Kyell Gold) has even been nominated for the Washington Science Fiction Association Small Press Award.

Anyway, I know the guy who runs FurAffinity, and while I won't say that I have any pull or can make any change, I wanted to let you know that writers are definitely welcome and that we're generally a friendly bunch.
CrayWolf is offline   Reply With Quote