View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 07:11 PM   #67
scveteran
Groupie
scveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
But in this case, we had (and have) no access to the fine print because until one actually ships, the wording is just "allows lending". Because someone asked, we now have the "fine print". As was stated several times, had it said "allows limited lending", this thread wouldn't even exist.

As for product advertising not mentioning limits, when there could be a misunderstanding of the details by any reasonable person, after the big print shouts "FREE CABLE TV FOR LIFE", the size 2 font whispers "after payment of a $10,000 installation fee, non-transferable".

So, yes. Perhaps you aren't, but we are, talking about the wording.

While for many its not a deal-breaker, it still wouldn't have taken much to add one little word in the description to avoid the ill-feeling this thread represents.
I am sorry to disagree with you but, I really don't think your argument holds any water. In this country the standard is what a reasonable person would think. And I believe that any reasonable person should realize that there are going to be pretty severe limits on this.

In addition, following the info here, it does appear that B&N had provided the info before anyone could have ordered one. If that is the case, then I don't think there is any reason to complain.

Again, this is MO.
scveteran is offline   Reply With Quote