View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #130
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
I don't particularly object to this either, as long as they are used in appropriate courses for people in the major, and not as general ed requirements.
Where did you study? It doesn't make sense to talk about the "European" approach to higher education, since the approach in the UK (3 years to a BA and fairly regimented) and the approach in, say, Germany (6+ years, very few requirements) are *vastly* different.
I studied in Croatia. I am under the impression that European curricula have been much more unified since the Bologna Process was implemented, which allows for mobility between European universities and has somewhat standardized the length of study needed to obtain various degrees. Credits between Bologna accredited universities are (at least in theory, from what I can tell) entirely transferable and the ECTS system point system (again, theoretically) yields courses that carry the same amount of weight and expected amount of time/effort per point at all universities in which the Bologna Process has been implemented. Again, I'm not sure how well this works all around Europe in practice, but it should lead to a much more similar experience studying at various institutions of higher education in Europe than is the case in North America.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote