View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #739
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamosam View Post
Is there anyway I can add a new font to the coolreader desktop application? In the preferences window it only shows a subset of the fonts installed on the system. Can someone help me please?

P.S.: I wonder why the desktop application is not updated for quite sometime. (considering, this is the best ebook reader in both linux and windows.
Create a fonts folder under the program folder, windows example:
Code:
c:\myprogs\coolreader\fonts
And copy your desired TTF or OTF fonts to that folder. I use Georgia TTF on Android/Linux/Windows. It does seem the desktop versions are not as polished as the android version. Also, the Linux desktop version has a flaw where you must run as root in order to save or update app settings. General book reading can be done under a normal account.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote