View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #7
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
The headline says it all: Pandigital is recalling the Novel.
The details do say it is *not* a hardware recall but strictly to install new firmware and then they go back on sale.
This is...interesting...
Other gadget vendors in this possition would simply slipstream the update and rely on tech support to talk customers through the update.
On the other hand, Pandigital *is* targetting non-technical users with the Novel so the gesture might soothe some ruffled feathers with folks not used to V1.0 issues.
I think I'll give them a few brownie points for the gesture...
(Still not buying it until/if it can run Kindle for Android well, but they stay on the watch list for my money. )

Hmm, I'm also thinking it might be worth keeping an eye out for where the refurbs might end up on sale.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote