View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #984
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
I'm intrigued by this. You seem to have a different way of getting books than I do. I get them from my favourite repositories (usually Baen and Manybooks, with Project Gutenberg thrown in), which I download to my computer, then copy them to my Dropbox folder, and then use Calibre to organise them to a library in my Google Drive folder (redundancy).

How does the Kobo idea work? Emailing books that then show up on devices seems ... difficult.

Mmm it is difficult if that's all it would do. What I'm suggesting is a way to have sideloaded books (what you do; I do it too) automatically entered into the Kobo account. If I buy a book from Kobo, it's added to my Kobo account and synced automatically to my Kobo Touch, but also to my Kobo application on my iPhone and my Kobo Desktop. Bookmarks are synced etc. But, this lovely syncing does not happen for sideloaded books. What I'm suggesting is to have the syncing implemented for sideloaded books as well.

One way to have the books added to the Kobo account would be with a special kobo e-mail address. This is how Amazon/Kindle does it. The advantage of that is that your friends can e-mail you books as well, and you don't have to separately add them to your device, they just turns up.

It would be even better, of course, if all the books that are on your Kobo device just automatically sync to your account, so you wouldn't have to always email yourself all the books you want to read. That way you could keep using Calibre (yay), and still have everything all over you Kobo apps everywhere. But I'd still like the e-mail option as well for the book sharing with friends idea.

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 09-07-2012 at 08:02 AM. Reason: typoes
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote