View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #47
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's voting like this that skews the results. We may have very different results if we had a hidden vote. I'm just saying it's worth a try.
Skews it how? It seems to me that skewing it in this manner is economically rational, ie, more people are going to be reasonably happy with the final result. Blind voting is more of an all or nothing proposition.

People are saying they're happy with the process as it is now. So why is it worth trying something different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'll volunteer to give it a go for next month's vote if you like. I don't mind trying it.
Umm.... no, thank you.

ETA: I have yet to see why anyone thinks it would be better to have blind voting. Those of us who like the open vote have mentioned curiosity, familiarity with the literary profile of other MR members, enhanced strategic voting, among other reasons. But what is appealing about blind voting? "Fair" is applying a value to it that doesn't really obtain; any method can be fair if there's no overt coercion or multiple votes. What's the advantage? I'm really curious.

Last edited by issybird; 08-23-2011 at 08:27 PM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote