View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 06:51 PM   #10
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
The only issue I know of is in the concept itself. Amber/orange color? Meh. Colors reduce contrast. Give me a device that has the warm white color of a trade paperback. At night, I can dial down the brightness and it's plenty comfortable.

You certainly won't see Amazon marketing an all new PaperWHITE with pictures showing off an orange-colored display. They've built an entire brand around the "like paper" look of the display, even if they've not nailed it perfectly every time.

I do recognize I'm in the minority here, but I'm an old-school fan of the original concept of e-readers: They are like books and primarily use ambient light. The frontlight system helps brighten it a bit, since the tech isn't perfect. But no thanks to the orange!
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote