View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #16
GMcG
Writer
GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@grannyGrumpy
When I did that 256-16-256 colors workflow, I used a greyscale drawing of my own with about 230 colors.
Now I had a look at your Huck Finn drawing. It has only 37 colors! I think the others are of the same kind. So why do you want a 256 color png or a 100% quality jpg for this? I did some testing with Huck Finn and all I see is some blurring when zooming in the picture to double size and I don't know if this is a result of the quality of the picture or of the zooming. And some grey pixels are missing in the picture with 30% quality, but you don't see it in the original size of the picture. If you need to reduce the file size, I would make it with a compessed jpg with 50% quality.

George
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	head.png
Views:	296
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	112475   Click image for larger version

Name:	sample-1.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	112476  
GMcG is offline   Reply With Quote