View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #880
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Your telling this to a company that is TRYING to support it?? If we target all the companies that are trying to implement ePub3 support, and tell them not to support it because it isn't supported well enough yet....

Ohhhh, the circular logic is making me dizzy!

If you were addressing an ePub creator, and telling him not to create an ePub 3 because the device/reader support isn't there yet is one thing....

I understand you don't like the media support in the spec, but if they (as a company) have plans and priorities that include implementing the standard (which has been around for over a year) then who are we to tell them not to?
I'm not saying not to support ePub 3. But until ADE does, it's a waste of time. The problem is that ADE is the most used ePub reading software there is. It needs to support ePub 3 before it's worthwhile. If we have apps like Blufire supporting ePub 3 before it should be supported, then we'll get people making and releasing ePub 3 and that will do more harm then good as it will fragment eBooks. yes, I have an iPhone 5 and an iPad 1. But the point is, I want eBooks that I can read on these devices or my 650. I do not want to be forced to have to read on the iPad just because someone thought ePub 3 was a good idea when it's not.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote