View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 03:41 AM   #3
richrock
Sony Reader Fanatic
richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Originally I was a slow, methodical reader, and still am for my lifestyle/non-fiction books. In terms of fiction, I started slow, but the more I read, the quicker I became. Now I could read a 250 page book in a weekend - it still takes 10-14 hours. Longer books take, er, longer.

Here's a quick link I found with reasons for slow reading, and tips on improving - YMMV though. http://www.reachoutmichigan.org/learn/suggest.html

It's not the speed that counts, its your own comfortable pace. I find it annoying that some people I know could read a whole book an evening, yet the same book would take me 3-4 days. Go at the speed that's best for you, and ignore other people's speed.

IMO.
richrock is offline   Reply With Quote