View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 08:50 PM   #32
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipgessert View Post
Yeah, I forget how InDesign handles stuff like this, but I would just about bet its assigning to the parent element whatever the actual pixel dimensions of the image are. If so, I have no clue why it would do that, as it seems to me that would have the exact same result as leaving all of the dimensions unset--though it's likely I'm forgetting something obvious.
Ooh-ooh-ooh, I know, I know! (she said, raising her hand). LOL.

You can blame that right on Apple. When iBooks (now known as Books, stupidest name for an eBook-reading app, ever) first debuted, alas and alack, it could not size images. The only way to size them was to put them inside a container and size the container. Y'all must remember that from "ePUB: Straight to the Point," by the dear Liz Castro, who seems to have packed up her eBookery bag and moved along?

Yupperdoodle. Same reason that we all see, and are plagued by, fixed-layout ePUBs exported from INDD that only work on Books, f/k/a iBooks. (Oh, okay, fine, they also work on Kobos, as KoboBooks mooched, cough, er, homaged Apple's FXL coding.)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote