View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 06:10 PM   #31
phillipgessert
Addict
phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
It looks to me from the quoted code that the containing block is bloody tiny, vis:

height:343px;
width:595px;

And then the contained element is 100% of that. I mean, sh*t, 343px is roughly...what, an eighth of the width of a Fire tablet screen in landscape now and what, one-fourth of the width of it in portrait? TEENY.

For an Oasis, at 1,680 × 1264 pixels, again, you'd be talking a fourth-to-third of the width.

It's the container that's constraining the image. If you use Phillip's stuff, you won't have to worry about that.

Hitch
Yeah, I forget how InDesign handles stuff like this, but I would just about bet its assigning to the parent element whatever the actual pixel dimensions of the image are. If so, I have no clue why it would do that, as it seems to me that would have the exact same result as leaving all of the dimensions unset--though it's likely I'm forgetting something obvious.
phillipgessert is offline   Reply With Quote