View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 01:52 PM   #8
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
It could be that the Adobe apps use the fonts directly, not when they're installed in the system. If I remember correctly that's how they worked with the multiple master fonts, but it was so long ago I could be misremembering. Those were sort of hinkey in my opinion because you had to fiddle with some knobs and generate whatever variation you wanted and save it, rather than generate them on the fly. In the beginning the Adobe font manager had the knobs and then later Illustrator also acquired the knobs. I like the idea of multiple master fonts but unfortunately it never caught on, but I don't know if the newer font formats have something like it.

For the Adobe CC, since it's your business, can't you write off the expense or something?

I'll always remember my fondness for Illustrator. I'm just an amateur noodling around but I was so impressed with how powerful it was and that it cost a fraction of what Photoshop cost. Hopefully I'll get back into what I'd been doing, repeating patterns, with Affinity Designer, but it's so easy being a slacker these days.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote