View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 09:58 AM   #16
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
...you can bet there will be some new, poorly managed Android app stores popping up in Europe, and the people of North America are still somewhat Euro-centric in their thinking. They're gonna think, "It's coming from Britain or Germany, it's probably OK" without realizing British and German business people are every bit as big dopes as North American business people.
This ruling doesn't have anything to do with the US. So for a US user to be impacted they would have to be smart enough to sideload an app, but dumb enough to download it from a shady app store.

Don't get me wrong. Those people exist by the busload. But dude, if that happens to you, you deserve it.

Quote:
Making Amazon and Microsoft very happy. I'm thinking especially Microsoft. They have been "fairly" successful in promoting their own apps for Android, so far. And they're good, I use most of them, myself. the tie in with Win 10 is just too convenient to ignore, I think.

But NOW, Microsoft will be able to go to the manufacturers and offer the entire suite fo MS Android apps as a solid, well built, well-tested alternative to the Google suite of apps.

I would think a manufacturer looking for inexpensive product differentiation would find a Microsoft Android environment worth exploring. Especially so, if Microsoft offers a secure, well designed app store as well.
Microsoft seems well on their way to making Android the 'official' Microsoft mobile OS. Changes coming in this month's update will allow deeper integration between Android and Windows 10 (you'll be able to send Android SMS messages from your Windows 10 desktop, for instance.)
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote