View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #14
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by geormes View Post
Would not Calibre's Tweak Books work in that specific case?
I do still use Sigil when nothing else works but,
there are several reasons I would prefer Calibre if possible:
1. Sigil no longer supports Linux.
2. I feel uneasy manipulating books in Calibre's db with a 3rd party tool,
so I do a lot of renaming, deleting and readding, not to mention deleting from the
ereader.
3. In order to make it possible to manipulate the book I usually have to have Calibre
open anyway.
Whatever tool works for you. For me, I use Calibre, Sigil and several other tools including a couple of trips through opening an epub's HTML files in Notepad++. One ebook was so screwed up, Sigil wouldn't open it without destroying much of the content. Calibre imported it and allowed me to read it but any attempt at cleaning up the content produced an unusable file. Epubcheck produced an error log larger than the book. I still would love to know why any HTML based ebook would have much of its content outside tags. The content looked similar to the bit below:

<p>The</p>

mountains loomed as he looked out the window

<span> </span>at the scar where the aircar has crashed

<p2>into the forest</p2><span>.</span>

This was a limited edition book -- unfortunately not limited enough as I obtained a copy.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote