View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #9
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
.../...

I used Sigil with Linux but stopped when Linux support was dropped after 5.3 -- I did use the source code to compile 6.2 for Linux which finally worked after several attempts since, at that time, none of the repositories had a version that worked with my Fedora Linux in a VM. Took me back too many years to when I booted Linux off a floppy disk and memories of why I stopped using Linux for several years.

I am a Linux user too (LMDE64). It's true that compiling Sigil on Linux with the latest Qt5 binary is not, for the time being, very user friendly; to say the less...

However, you can directly use the W32 version of Sigil (0.7) using Wine, even on 64 bits systems (screenshot). As everything with Wine, the level of performance is quite good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.png
Views:	402
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	102962  

Last edited by roger64; 03-15-2013 at 07:45 PM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote