View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #7
geormes
Groupie
geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Kobo Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
While Calibre and it's "polish" are getting better, I still prefer to use Sigil to remove embedded fonts (clean the references from the stylesheet and delete the contents of the font folder). Part of my preference for Sigil is tied to my rather boring ideas of how an ebook should be formatted. Add in that I've rarely had issues with epubs on my Kobo after running them through Sigil and FlightCrew checker and ePubcheck externally before transferring them to the Kobo and I will be sticking with Sigil for cleanup duties for the next while.

Regards,
David
My working machine is Linux. When Sigil dropped the official upgrades for Linux I gradually lost interest and found myself reaching for Sigil less and less. That says more about me than Sigil.

What is the order you run the epubs through your list of tools?
geormes is offline   Reply With Quote