View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I'm not sure which option you chose to use from that plugin, but if it is option 3 - embedding fonts into the epub, then calibre should no longer need a separate plugin to do it. There is a fairly new option on the Convert - Look&Feel page for font-embedding, but I don't use it myself.

Options of the non-embedding variety, tend to be slightly different by ereader brand/model, e.g. the 'Kobo way' is slightly different to the 'Sony way' (although they are all variations on the same theme). As the plugin you referenced seems to refer to the mid-2011 Nook, I'd be quite surprised if the non-embedding options would work on a current Kobo. However, I haven't used the plugin and you have so I may be wrong

When you have such a custom-font-friendly device as a Kobo, it seems a shame to have to resort to embedding fonts. To use the Kobo's own font customisation feature, it's usually enough to remove any hard-coded references to font-family from the epub internal css using Sigil or calibre Tweak Book or JohnF's step 3. This pre-supposes your epub no longer has DRM, though.

If you need any help with a specific non-DRM epub feel free to PM me and I'll try to walk you through it.
I chose to use the system fonts. That way all the fonts I add to my KG are up for use if I so choose to use them. Also it seemed to be the best option for me at any rate.

But If I do have any questions I will most definitely check in with you .

Thanks

JAck
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote