View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 11:23 AM   #3
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Hi Rubén,

That's what I call good service. Many thanks. It worked almost 100 percent.

Just to add a couple of points (for the benefit of anyone else with the same problem):

1. I found it easier to do the file renaming on my PC rather than the Android device. I copied the PRC (the one that I downloaded as Deutsch) to the PC, then copied its filename to the clipboard (by selecting the file and hitting F2). I then used that clipboard entry to rename a copy of the original French dictionary. And finally I copied the renamed French dictionary back to the device. This was all much easier than writing down the exact name and then trying to type it with the Android keyboard.

2. In order to select the French dictionary, I had to select Deutsch the first time I used it. If I select French, it gives me the built-in dictionary. No problem with that.*

3. My one remaining problem: With the new French dictionary installed, when I look up a word, I only see the headword and its phonetic representation, not the definition. I have to go Full Definition to actually see the definition. This is presumably a fault of the dictionary, not of the Kindle reader or the method that you kindly gave me. (But the problem doesn't exist when I use that same dictionary on my Kindle e-ink reader.) Anyway, it's not the end of the world.

So thanks again for sharing your expertise.

*EDIT: Re point 2 above, I just noticed that you did warn me about this.

Mike

Last edited by Mike L; 08-27-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote