View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #27
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Brian, can you turn it off by enabling the parental controls (that was the original suggested remedy) or is there now a separate way to turn it off?

What did I not like about the user interface?

On my Kindle Fire, when I touch the right side of the screen, it advances a page. When I touch the left side of the screen, it goes back a page. When I touch somewhere in the middle, it brings up the menu to allow me to do other things, like go to the home screen or change screen brightness.

With the paperwhite, I found that I had only a small area at the top of the screen where I could touch to bring up the menu. When I touch in the middle, it would either advance a page or go back a page (depending whether I had hit right-middle or left-middle). Drove me nuts. Of course, that might very well be my very personal problem because I had been specifically using the Kindle Fire for about a year and gotten used to it.

Last edited by Andy_T; 01-08-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote