View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #70
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I think Card ended up showing Peter as a strong Hegemon but not particularly ruthless. Bean was an interesting characteristic and I enjoyed the exploration of his being human or not. I thought it was well done and yet it is too easy to give Bean a pass for his willingness to participate in the battles after he knew they were real.

I got the impression that Achilles was able to lay out pretty complex plans that ensured that country X would be the new world power if they worked with him. He chose countries that were bitter about how they had been treated in the past and whose leaders were motivated by power and a strong inferiority (sp) complex.
Just on a side note, I can't stand the Achilles character :/ I think he's the reason I'm having a hard time pulling myself through the Shadows of Hegemon...
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote