View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 10:58 AM   #73
ZoteroCalbrNote
ZoteroCalbrNote began at the beginning.

Device: pc, ipad, kobo, kindle, iphone, android
Thank you very much for making this extension.

Questions:
  1. Do the book files (pdf, epub, etc) need to be in the native Zotero file directories in order to be imported by ZMI correctly?
  2. Does it matter if the file locations are set to "relative" or "absolute" in the Zotero preferences?
  3. Are there any ZotFile settings that will cause ZMI to fail to import files?
My problem is:
  • ZMI doesn't import the actual book files despite the ZFileAttachments tag having the correct location of the file. ZMI correctly imports all metadata when I enable the "create empty book" option. I've checked the CSV file itself using Microsoft Excel (comma delimited) and made sure each entry has a single attachment and that none of the entries have been altered or have special characters other than periods and underscores.

This is the ZFileAttachments for one of the entries as copied out of Calibre:

Quote:
C:/Users/[my name removed]/AppData/Roaming/Zotero/Zotero/Profiles/1ecwize6.default/zotero/storage/3W5AGUKQ/sanders_2003_from_transactional_to_transcendental. pdf
Here is the error I get at the conclusion of import:
Quote:

calibre 2.64 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Favourites Menu (1, 0, 4) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4) && Zotero Metadata Importer (1, 0, 34) && EpubSplit (2, 1, 2) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 2) && EpubMerge (2, 0, 12) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.zotero_metadata_importer.zmi_dial og", line 1096, in select_zotero_export_csv_file
File "calibre_plugins.zotero_metadata_importer.zmi_dial og", line 1138, in import_exported_csv
File "calibre_plugins.zotero_metadata_importer.zmi_dial og", line 1347, in check_csv_for_keys_missing_from_calibre_zkeys
File "calibre_plugins.zotero_metadata_importer.zmi_dial og", line 3200, in add_missing_books_via_calibredb
File "calibre_plugins.zotero_metadata_importer.zmi_dial og", line 3276, in list_failed_adds
CursorClosedError: The cursor has been closed

Last edited by ZoteroCalbrNote; 08-12-2016 at 11:08 AM.
ZoteroCalbrNote is offline   Reply With Quote