View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 12:32 AM   #55
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@davidfor: Make sure you are keeping explicit references to all the items you put in your plugin menu, otherwise python garbage collects them and the Qt crashes, on OS X. This gets done for you automatically is you use the self.create_menu_action() function. Also you can usually get a fairly helpful log showing where crash happened with the Apple crash reporter tool.
Good point. I remember seeing something about that, but didn't pay attention at the time. My menu handling is a straight rip from kiwidudes code. But, I took it some time ago, so I'll have a look at any changes he has made.

I just checked and I added a help menu item just before release and a reference to that isn't kept.

Actually, I don't see where in InterfaceAction.create_menu_action() the reference is saved. It returns a reference which I have been keeping. Except for that one new one.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote