View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 09:41 AM   #12
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Well, I just watched that demonstration vid:

Actually, the features look great...but:
The restriction to EVDO does not agree with me since we do not have that in Germany. If they sell it with GPRS/UMTS here and with not additional charges (like they do in the US) then it's OK. I would howevr like to be able to plug it into USB or transfer books to the SD card directly. I don't know whether that will work, but I guess it should.

What I did not like was the mention of the "small fee" that amazon charges if you send something to your Kindle email address...this needs some further research...

All in all, I'd love to have one of these (with GPRS/UMTS) because it looks like a very well thought-out and easy to handle device. Questions like alternate content delivery and Battery life will have to be answered though...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote