View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 09:06 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThought View Post
So, to get back to what this forum is all about, my question is, am I going to experience difficulty getting Sigil loaded on this Linux partition without being able to directly access the internet? Also, any suggestions or recommendations from you more experienced Linux-ers regarding e-book readers, etc. would be appreciated.
The short answer is, yes. You're probably going to have difficulty without an internet connection no matter how you look at it. There is no standalone installable package for Sigil on Linux.

On new enough Linuxes, you can install Sigil directly from software repos (I'm not familiar with Deepin, however), but that involves an internet connection -- for both Sigil and its dependencies. It may not be the latest version of Sigil, though.

If you decide to build Sigil yourself, there's still build-tools and dependencies that are going to have to be met that will be a nightmare to try and get in order without a direct internet connection.

I have an experimental stand-alone Linux package for Sigil that is testing pretty well, but there's no guarantee it will ever be ready for Primetime.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-15-2017 at 01:30 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote