View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 12:21 PM   #8
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Length Goals:
  • Total Books: 50 (a stretch goal of 75)
  • Total Pages: 15,000 (a stretch goal of 25,000)
  • TBR Reduction: Reduce by at least 25 (a stretch goal of 50)
Substantive Goals:
  • Read at least 51% non-American authors
  • Read more female/gender-fluid authors than male
  • Read at least 52 short stories
  • Read at least 10 of the Mobile Read Book Club selections

Turns out my best years are when I put the least restrictions on myself. These were my goals last year, and I am going to try them again this year.

Opening Stats:

Total TBR as of 1.1.19 - 1342
  • 624 Ebooks
  • 566 DT books
  • 152 Audiobooks
Many of the paper books in our collection properly belong to my wife. They are comics anthologies or other things that interested her. She does not like reading on an e-reader, so we still have a large collection of physical books. But I want to read a good handful of them as well, so I do count the whole collection in my TBR.

Gender Breakdown
  • 838 unread books by men
  • 430 unread books by women
  • 1 unread book by a nonbinary gender
  • 52 books that are co-authored or have writings from both genders
Really need to diversify. I know that my collection is topheavy with male authors from my university days. When one took a degree in literature, one was going to read a lot of male (and mostly white) authors. Clearly, it took my buying habits a few years to change after that.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote