View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #710
gracie
Enthusiast
gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Well, the new version was quite an unexpected shock last night... At 10:35 I hopped into bed and started reading. Everything was absolutely normal. 3 minutes later it flickered off and dumped me back to the home page...

Restarted Cool Reader and suddenly had this totally foreign page in front of me. Re-opening my book I had this odd message about Android, and when the book opened, a great big thing across the top with a bunch of miniscule icons...

After realizing I had NOT had a stroke, I eventually figured out there was some new version that completely changed the setup on the Nexus 7. But, once I figured out how to turn off the toolbar, it still works fine...

BUT, I'm curious about the "how come" of the whole thing. At the bottom, where I previously had 4 buttons, including one to get into settings, I now have none... Just 3 little dots. I have to hit the dot to bring up the buttons, and the settings button is gone. It's not big deal since I can hit the center of the screen and bring up a big thing that has a settings icon, but can somebody tell me WHAT it was that Android did to make legacy mode or get rid of legacy mode or whatever whoever did that made it necessary to make such a huge change in Cool Reader? And are a bunch of other apps going to have to do the same thing now?
gracie is offline   Reply With Quote